Like what you read or have an idea or story that you would like to share with our readers? Get Over Your Job accepts submissions from contributors and writers that cover career advice and making active changes to one’s lifestyle for work-life balance. We are interested in topics that cover the following:
- Making a career change (at any age)
- New career opportunities in various fields
- Job search advice for fresh graduates
- Balancing family and work life
- Improving work environments and cultures
- Finding and retaining talent worldwide
- Maximizing business profits with HR in mind
- Being your own boss
- Generating passive income
- Enriching your passions and hobbies
- Working smart and healthily
- Preparing wisely for one’s retirement
We are interested in pieces that inspire workers to not just work for the money, but also to strive to find something noble in their job. We spend eight hours or so at work—we believe we should enjoy every minute of it.
Before submitting an article, be sure to take a look around our website, and read our articles. While we all have our own writing styles, we want your tone to match ours. You can be snarky, of course, and pepper your piece with expletives if you may. But we still reserve the right to edit your article to fit our requirements.
Here’s how to submit your work:
- Email a Word file of your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. Limit your word count to 800 words per post.
- Include a working title and an alternative title for your article.
- Don’t forget to edit or proofread your work as we will return submissions with bad grammar.
- Include a short bio, a photo, as well as links to your blog or website, and “public” social media accounts.
We receive a number of submissions per month and may not respond as quickly as possible. If you don’t hear from us in two weeks, it’s either we’re busy fact-checking your article, or it didn’t make the cut. We will strive to email you, of course, our feedback on points to improve your article.